Church End is a ‘Values School’. We advocate values based education because we believe that this best promotes high self-esteem and high standards of behaviour resulting in the highest possible achievement!
At our school we aim to help learners to:-
- communicate with others effectively to establish and develop personal relationships, and to interpret and express ideas, opinions, impressions and experiences.
- develop lively, imaginative and creative minds with the ability to question, argue rationally and to apply themselves to the tasks with others or independently as appropriate.
- establish and develop an understanding of self and the need to develop, care and protect body and mind.
- develop skills, interests and enthusiasms which enhance leisure and the quality of life.
- develop an understanding of the world which appreciates the forces and influences which impact on our lives and the interdependence of individuals, groups, nations and the environment.
- develop an understanding of the multi-cultural nature of society and to foster respect for those with different cultures, faiths and ways of life.
- develop the ability to interpret experiences and use them in considering ultimate questions concerning the meaning and value of life.
- develop the capacity within a fast-changing world to apply knowledge and skills relevant to life and employment, a particularly important element being the development and application of information communication and technical skills.