Introducing Teresa Gibbons, our Family Support Worker:
At Marston Moreteyne VC School, we understand that many children and families at some point experience difficult times. If you have worries or concerns, you can always talk to the class teacher, as they know your child best. However, for whatever reason, you might not feel able to, or there may be other problems, which you may need some support with, and in these circumstances, I am available to help.
How can you make contact with me?
I work during term time from 8.30 a.m. – 3.30 p.m. Monday – Thursday but I am happy to arrange another time to talk if school hours are difficult for you. You can contact me by:
- Email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone the school office and leave a message.
- Speak to your child’s teacher and ask them to ask me to call you.
- If you would like to speak to someone from the Family Support Team urgently out of the above hours, then phone or email the school office.
What can I help with?
- I listen and appreciate parents/carers issues and offer suggestions and advice for individuals and families on behaviour management, boundaries, routines, school attendance, e-safety, healthy eating to name a few.
- I can also refer and signpost to other services available within Central Bedfordshire.
- I work with, and support, families during key school transition, including newcomers and moving onto other schools or secondary school.
- I work with families who are going through difficult times including relationship breakdown, bereavement, mental well-being, financial hardship, housing issues and support families when applying for various types of grants.